About Bloomberg EMSX
Bloomberg EMSX (Execution Management System), from Bloomberg L.P., is a multi-asset-class trading platform for investment banks, hedge funds and asset management firms that integrates Bloomberg’s extensive market data and analytics with equity, futures and options orders. The execution and order management system can route orders to thousands of brokers via Bloomberg’s vast FIX broker network, either using EMSX <GO> or programmable APIs. Bloomberg EMSX provides access to broker execution algorithms, cash desks and ECNs as well as direct market access in futures.
- Trade equities, futures and options from the same blotter and order ticket.
- Automated trading via API.
- Pre-trade assessment of trade difficulty based on liquidity, volatility and estimated market impact.
- Route orders singly or in baskets.
- Trade calendar spreads.
- Group orders by country, sector, basket, product type and exchange.
- Order ticket supports algorithmic strategies from more than 50 providers.
- Achieve best execution by blending data, integration, connectivity and ease of use.
- Increase global broker neutrality and connectivity.
- Assess trading performance with integrated, real-time trade analytics.
- Integrate Bloomberg market data and content with real-time and historical trade data.
- Post-trade analytics and reports to assess transaction costs and optimise trading performance.
- Pairs trading and basket trading.
- Programmable API in Excel and other major programming languages.