1. Collection of Personal Information
When you open an account with R.J. O'Brien Limited, we collect, use and disclose your personal information in the course of providing financial and related services to you. The personal information that we collect from you includes:
- Financial information
- Banking information
- Social insurance number and date of birth (if you are an individual)
2. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
R.J. O'Brien Limited may use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- opening and maintaining your account(s) with us
- providing you with financial products and services you have requested,
- to a credit bureau or similar service provider for the purpose of verifying your identity(or if you are a corporation or similar entity, the identity of those persons authorized to trade for the account) to meet anti-money laundering regulations and in some cases, to determine your financial viability to trade with R.J. O'Brien Limited,
- to protect you and us from error and fraud,
- providing related administrative services,
- to Execution / Clearing Partners who need to access your personal information to fulfill contractual and regulatory requirements;
- unless you ask us not to, providing you with information about other products and services that may be of interest to you;
- to third parties to perform functions or to provide services in support of the products and services we provide (for example, printing statements). When transferring personal information to a third party service provider, we transfer only that personal information which is required in order to perform the function or service for which the third party has been retained. To the extent that any of our affiliates or any of the third party service providers we retain are located outside of the United Kingdom, including the United States, personal information transferred to them will be subject to the laws of the foreign jurisdiction where they are located, including those laws governing disclosure of personal information;
- in the event of a sale or some or all of our business, we may disclose personal information to an acquiring organisation, either as part of due diligence and/or on completion of the transaction; and,
- complying with legal and regulatory requirements, including for example to the Financial Conduct Authority, and other such regulatory bodies both in the United Kingdom and other jurisdictions where RJO operates, the various exchanges of which RJO is a member, including exchanges in the United States and Europe
By opening an account at R.J. O'Brien Limited, you are providing consent to R.J. O'Brien Limited to collect, use and disclose your personal information as set out in this agreement. We will not use or disclose your personal information for purposes other than those described in this privacy agreement unless we obtain your Prior consent to such use or disclosure is required or permitted by law. For example, RJO Limited does not require your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information where:
- Such collection, use and disclosure is reasonably required in the normal course of providing service to your account leg, service providers, and/or R.J. O'Brien Limited exchange / clearing partners,
- For the collection of a debt owed to R.J. O'Brien Limited by you,
- To a law enforcement agency, securities regulatory authority or self-regulatory organization such as the Financial Conduct Authority, various exchanges in the United Kingdom and Europe and the United States,
- To legal counsel for the purpose of obtaining advice.
4. Corrections to Personal Information
You may review the information you have provided to R.J. O'Brien Limited and make corrections to it. We may request that you provide corrections in writing. You may address corrections, questions or privacy-related complaints to the Director of Compliance R.J. O'Brien Limited, Ground Floor, 25 Copthall Avenue, London, EC2R 7BP.
5. Retention of Personal Information
RJO Limited may retain your personal information on file after you cease to be a client of R.J. O'Brien Limited for as long as RJO Limited requires such information or as long as is demanded by our regulatory requirements.
6. Consent to be contacted by Telephone
By executing our account opening documentation, you consent to be contacted by telephone (at the number(s) provided in this application or as provided to R.J. O'Brien Limited from time to time) by an R.J. O'Brien Limited representative concerning information pertaining to your account and/or services provided by R.J. O'Brien Limited. If you have any questions or comments about R.J. O'Brien Limited contacting you by telephone, you may reach us at +44 (0) 20 8372 3379.
By opening an account at R.J. O'Brien Limited, you are providing consent to R.J. O'Brien Limited to collect, use and disclose your personal information as set out in this agreement. The terms of our privacy agreement may change from time to time after execution of this agreement. Please refer to our website for any updates.